Dialog Toolkit Plus

Dialog Toolkit Plus v1.1.3

Dialog Toolkit Plus is an ASObjC-based script library for showing enhanced dialogs. Add multiple text entry fields, checkboxes, popup menus, radio buttons, path controls, extra buttons, secure fields, images, and rules to dialogs. It requires macOS 10.10 or later. (updated July 9, 2022)

I consider Dialog Toolkit an indespensible UI for AppleScript. I was a bit slow to fully adapt it, because it seems very complex, but it’s actually very simple.

Attached are the clippings files I use in ScriptDebugger to build Dialog Toolkit Plus commands.

To use them, start with one of the first two clippings, to build a Window or an Alert (note, OMM at the moment the Alert is not working).

This will build an empty dialog with the buttons you chose.( It starts with three buttons but you can add as many as you can fit in the window)

Then add interface options (ACC Views) in the designated place of the script.

This will build them from the bottom up, so the first interface option you enter will appear right above the buttons, the second will appear above that and so on.
With script debugger clippings you can change any of the default values when you add a clipping, or you can just run it as is and the default values will display.

Let me know if you find this useful, or have any questions or suggestions!

001)Dialog Toolkit Builders.zip (20.9 KB)

To use this, unzip and move the folder to your Script Debugger clippings folder.

They will be in the Clippings menu, or in the explorer pane “i” tab.

If you don’t have DialogToolkit Plus, you can download it from the page linked to at the top of this post.

3 Likes