Display Dialog Question

In basic AppleScripts when making a “display dialog” command, the dialog box button width adjusts for your inputed button name length (up to around 30 characters), but in AppleScript Studio it doesn`t (It stops at around 9 or 10).
Ex: display dialog “This is a button test dialog” buttons {“Stop”, “Continue to the checkout counter”} – In AppleScript Studio the button will cut off after “Continue”

Also, in basic AppleScripts you can say “display dialog” and in the following dialog name include “returns” so that you can do a simple layout of your dialog so that it goes vertically."
Ex:
display dialog "Would you like to continue with the following items:

1. 2)…
    3)… etc"
    In AppleScript Studio the information after “following items:” gets cut off.

Is there a simple command/addition to add to the “display dialog” command in AppleScript Studio that would allow it to automatically adjust the length of boxes etc. like what happens in basic AppleScript?

Of course the obvious alternative would be to just make a new window and put in your own interface elements etc. but sometimes it would be just easier to invoke the “display dialog” command and have AppleScript Studio do the adjusting for you.

Any help would be appreciated.

my dd("Use System Events for dialogs, AS Studio's dialogs stink.", {"OK"}, 1, 1, true)

on dd(the_message, the_buttons, default_button, the_icon, giving_up)
	if the_icon = 0 then beep
	tell application "System Events"
		activate
		if giving_up then
			set the_result to (display dialog the_message buttons the_buttons default button default_button with icon the_icon giving up after 10)
		else
			set the_result to (display dialog the_message buttons the_buttons default button default_button with icon the_icon)
		end if
	end tell
	tell me to activate
	return the_result
end dd

Jon

Dear Jon

That`s two in a row. Thanks.
Tell app “System Events”. Just what I needed.

Again. Thank you very much.
P.S. You`re doing a great service for the AppleScript Studio community.