Display dialog with no buttons?

This is probably an easy one but I don’t have a book or anything with basic stuff like this. I have aprinting script and it displays a dialog box say what printer it is about to print to and how many copies. Just user-friendly stuff. I specified the only button to display as OK and it “gives up” after 1 second. I would like it to not have any button so the user won’t think they have to do something when the window pops up. Can you specify “buttons none” or something like that? I feel like I saw something like this on another post but I believe it might have been new language in Tiger. I am in OS 10.3.9.

display dialog ("Printing to the " & LeftOrRight & " color printer." & return & "Number of copies: " & InputNum) buttons "OK" default button "OK" giving up after 1

Model: Mac G5
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

I don’t think you can eliminate the buttons but you might try the following:

display dialog ("Printing to the " & LeftOrRight & " color printer." & return & "Number of copies: " & InputNum) buttons "" giving up after 1

The empty string and no default button will make a blank, colorless button. Between that and the short delay before giving up, I don’t think there will be any confusion for the user.

WF

This will error unless buttons {" "} or {space}is used, at least in Tiger it does.

Works fine for me in Tiger. Use the list and space if you need to; it should look the same.

WF

Both ways seem to work just fine. Thanks. That will look better than what I had.