Drag and Drop file onto window in non scriptable application

Hi there

I have posted on this subject before but thought I would have one more go at it before giving up and waiting for Leopard to introduce the ability to drag and drop in Applescript:)

I have been scripting an automated sequence to upload large files from my home server to my office. I am using Pando. Pando is not applescriptable but all is well using GUI scripting except for one stage. You have to manually drag the files to send from a finder window into a small receiving window in Pando. There is no other way of getting around this that I can see (no shortcuts or GUI elements to help). So is it possible to simulate mouse movements and drag and drop the relevant files from the relevant finder window using applescript?

I think the answer is no and for the moment I have “bridged” this problem using the drag and drop automation in iKey. But not everyone has iKey and it is a shame that I have to go to a third party app to get the result sought after.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Model: PowerMac
AppleScript: Latest
Browser: Safari
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Hi, kiwilegal.

The answer is no for the action you describe. But if Pando has a droplet action too “ ie. if you can get the same result by dropping the files on to the icon for Pando’s application file, you could imitate that kind of drag-and-drop by telling the Finder to open the files using the application file. Something like:

set pathToPando to (path to applications folder as Unicode text) & "Pando.app"

tell application "Finder"
	open theFiles using application file pathToPando
end tell

Hi

Thanks. I thought that was the case.

Droplet not supported on Pando so looks like I will be sticking with iKey for the time being.

Cheers

Model: PowerMac
AppleScript: Latest
Browser: Safari
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)