I am trying to write an application that processes a batch of files which can either be:
Dropped on the application icon (on open theFiles)
Dropped on an area in the window after it has launched.
Similar in function to many programs, but I can only seem to create a droplet to process dropped files or create and app that processes files dropped on the application.
Is there a way of getting both to work?
To create an app that can recieve files via the icon it has to be a doc based app (I think). You might have to find a droplet-document based app to do so… Hope this helps.
Model: iMac Core Duo
Browser: Safari 417.9.2
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)
I think the most convenient way to do this is to
- start with the ‘applescript droplet’ type,
- remove the ‘quit’ in the ‘on open’ handler and
- add a Window in IB manually (don’t forget to set ‘Visible at launch time’)
- then add your drop target object in this window
- and connect it to an ‘on drop’ handler
Now you should have an application with the requested behaviour.
hope that helps.