Duplicate a specific file every hour

I would like my script to copy a specific file every hour into a separate folder, and include the date and time in the filename of the new file created. This is as far as I have been able to get so far:

property repeatTime : 3600
on idle
	tell application "Finder"
		duplicate file "Macintosh HD:Users:pc:Library:Xplanet:images:clouds_2048.jpg" to folder "Macintosh HD:Users:pc:Library:Xplanet:images:clouds"
	end tell
return repeatTime
end idle

Here is the reasoning behind it.
The program Xplanet automatically runs in the background, and every three hours it downloads the clouds_2048.jpg file, overwriting the previous file it has downloaded. I would like to be able to keep a copy of all the cloud files downloaded by Xplanet.
Can anyone help me out, or point me in the right direction.

Personally I’d suggest setting up a cron job to run every hour that performs a shell script like:

[code]#!/bin/sh

cp ~/Library/Xplanet/images/clouds_2048.jpg ~/Library/Xplanet/images/clouds/[/code]
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2001020700163714

is an article on using cron.

There are quite a few different ways in which you might want to format your date and time, pc - but this might help to get you started:

on stampedName(f)
	set tid to text item delimiters
	set text item delimiters to "-"
	tell (current date) to set d to short date string & space & words of time string
	set text item delimiters to tid
	set {name:n, name extension:e} to info for f
	n's text 1 thru -(2 + (count e)) & space & d & "." & e
end stampedName

on idle
	tell application "Finder"
		set f to duplicate file "Macintosh HD:Users:pc:Library:Xplanet:images:clouds_2048.jpg" to ¬
			folder "Macintosh HD:Users:pc:Library:Xplanet:images:clouds"
		set f's name to my stampedName(f as alias)
	end tell
	3 * hours
end idle