Eudora IMAP folders and Applescript

Hi,

I have just converted one of my email accounts from POP to IMAP. Previously, using Eudora 5.2.1 as my client, on a pair of machines with OS X 10.2.x, I’ve been able to open existing mailboxes using a simple applescript located in the Eudora script folder, and accessed by the Eudora Scripts menu.

The calls were simple, in the form shown below:

on run
    tell application "Eudora"
       open mailbox "My Mailbox 1"
       open mailbox "My Mailbox 2"
       etc....
    end tell
  end run  

Now that I have an IMAP account, I’ve added the additional line in the tell section, and the script hangs at that point:

open mailbox "IMAP - Mailbox 1"  

even though the name is unique for all mailboxes, POP or IMAP.

I suspect this is because the IMAP mailboxes and accounts are in the Eudora Folder:IMAP Folder, and not in the Eudora Folder:Mail Folder. I’ve been experimenting, but to date am unable to access the IMAP Folder:IMAP Account mailboxes.

Can anyone provide me with an example of how to acheive this, or point me in the proper direction?

Many thanks,
almage

Hello. I, unfortunately, will not be able to solve your problem. Looking through the Eudora dictionary, it appears there are no properties or classes for dealing with IMAP mailboxes or messages. I was trying to expand the functionality of my script that reports spam to spamCop so it could work with IMAP mailboxes, and there appears to be no way to do this. Regular syntax does not appear to work, and since I see no other syntax available, I can only conclude that the Eudora people decided that scripting IMAP was unnecessary. :frowning: