Excel content into custom Entourage fields

I am fairly new to Applescript and Macs, as I have only had my Mac for a little over a year and have just started to dabble in Applescript, and would like to save time for my job with an Applescript. I’m not sure if this is even possible, but I’d like to think anything is possible - especially with Applescript.

I input information into excel at the end of every day that I would like to automatically go into Entourage, either as I input the information or just after by running an Applescript. I have a contact database that has ID codes for each contact and will be inputing dates and financial values that correlate with an ID code. There is no pattern to when I input information to a certain contact, so what I need the script to do follows:

Take the ID code (that correlates with a contact in Entourage) and place information from two cells into two custom fields in Entourage for the contact with the same ID code.

What I will be doing is inputting the ID code and information into excel, and the Applescript would copy that information and place it in the proper location automatically.

Maybe I need to be doing this with Automator, I’m not sure, as I am new to this. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I currently have a script started that opens the excel document and then closes.

HELP Please!!!

Model: MacBook Pro
AppleScript: 2.3
Browser: Safari 533.18.5
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)