ExifTool Error Question

I’m using ExifTool on two apps that I’ve built in exactly the same way and with one version I get an error message, with the other it works fine.

In the one failing I get this error message:

Can’t locate Image/ExifTool.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Users/steve/Desktop/XCodeApps/archiveDrop/build/Release/archiveDrop.app/Contents/Resources/lib /Library/Perl/Updates/5.8.8 /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8 /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.1 .) at /Users/steve/Desktop/XCodeApps/archiveDrop/build/Release/archiveDrop.app/Contents/Resources/exiftool line 21.

This might as well have been written in Incan or Aztec for me. :stuck_out_tongue: Is this error message telling me it can’t find ExifTool?

The exiftool application can’t find the ExifTool.pm module which should be located in the Image directory inside one of the include directories specified.

To get this to work, the exiftool ‘lib’ folder (containing the ‘Image’ and ‘File’ folders) should be in the same folder as the exiftool application that you are launching.

• Phil

Thanks Phil, completely missed that.