Exporting Out of Entourage

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this message. I have about 80 projects in an Entourage 2004 (11.2.5) identity. For various reasons I was forced to create a new identity. The old one is still there and working but I’m having trouble getting my projects out of the old identity and into the new identity. I realize you can click on each project and archive it but is this approach is takes far too long when you have 80 something projects. I tried writing a script but I can’t seem to find a command to export a project. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks.

Model: Power Mac G5 (Dual)
Browser: Safari
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

I don’t see an export option in the Entourage 2004 dictionary.

It appears that your best bet here is to write a script to recreate your projects in the new identity.
You could open your old identity, then write a script which would:

1. Get a list of all projects and their children (tasks, etc).
  2. Switch to the new identity.
  3. Iterate through all the original projects and children and recreate them.

All of your development time will be in scripting and testing the transfer of one project between identities.
The rest is just iteration. :cool:

Curse you Entourage! Thanks TJ! Sorry for the simplistic question but I’m still adapting to applescript’s…err…system. Can anyone point me to a good article on creating new class objects? I’ve been trying to create a new message in Entourage today but I’m getting odd errors. Any suggestions/comments/links to a good explanation is appreciated!

tell application "Microsoft Entourage"
	set newMsg to make new outgoing message
	open newMsg
end tell

Why do I have to make an object of type “outgoing message?” Why can’t I just make an object of type “message?” I know this won’t work, thats what I tried to do but why won’t it work? I looked at Entourage’s dictionary and I see “outgoing message” inherits the “message” class properties but what is the class “message?” Is it applescript’s equivilient to an abstract class? If so how did you know?

At one point, I did quite a bit of Outlook Express (os9) scripting and I think it was the same way.
“outgoing message” was required.