Exporting Quicktime Files droplet

Hi All,
I am working on exporting flipcam MP4s to editable Quicktime movies. I searched and found some scripts on Macscripter website.

http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?id=15111

The problem is, running this, I am getting an error that I assume might be the difference 10.5 and 10.6.

The script is:

property exportFolder : (path to documents folder as Unicode text) & "Your Folder:"

on run
	choose folder with prompt "Change video files from these folders:" with multiple selections allowed
	open (result)
end run

on open droppedItems
	tell application "QuickTime Player"
		activate
		close every window
	end tell

repeat with thisItem in droppedItems
		if (folder of (info for thisItem without size)) is true then
			list folder thisItem without invisibles

repeat with thisFile in (result)
				tell application "QuickTime Player"
					open ((thisItem as Unicode text) & thisFile)

if (can export (front movie) as DV stream) is true then  --[b]This is where the error occurs)[/b]
						try
							export front movie to (exportFolder & thisFile & ".dv") as DV stream
						on error errorMsg number errorNum
							display dialog "Error (" & errorNum & "):" & return & return & errorMsg buttons "OK" default button 1 with icon caution
						end try
					else
						display dialog "QuickTime Player can't export "" & (thisFile as Unicode text) & "" as DV stream." buttons "OK" default button 1 with icon caution
					end if

close front movie
				end tell
			end repeat

try
				tell application "Finder" to delete thisItem
			on error errorMsg number errorNum
				display dialog "Error (" & errorNum & "):" & return & return & errorMsg buttons "OK" default button 1 with icon caution
			end try
		end if
	end repeat

quit application "QuickTime Player"
end open

The error occurs at the line:

if (can export (front movie) as DV stream) is true then

It highlights front movie and says:

Expected “given”, “with”, “without”, other parameter name, etc. but found “(”.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

In 10.6 there’s a new version of quicktime player. As such the applescript commands for the 10.6 version are different. The 10.6 version doesn’t have all the capabilities of the 10.5 version because it’s so new. However there is a solution. In 10.6 use “Quicktime Player 7” which is found in the following folder: /Applications/Utilities/. Note that this is the 10.5 version of quicktime player, so if your script is run on 10.6 then just change the name to “Quicktime Player 7” and see if it works.