Extensis Suitcase - "The Vault"

Greetings guys, great forum you have here.

This is my first day “applescripting” and so far I’ve found it pretty self explanatory. If you’re familiar with suitcase you have probably battled various vault issues like myself.

My ultimate goal is to stop users from dragging a font into the vault. I wish to only allow them to add fonts to the upper font set and not allow them to add to the vault at all - we turned off the copy to vault switch.

I’ve done some searching about interacting with suitcase with negative results. Surly there must be a way to detect if a user is trying to copy a file directly into the vault, from there I can send alerts etc and stop them.

Not looking for any handouts here at all, hoping someone would post a link to a resource or a small sample to get me started.

Thanks much

Sad to say, but I don’t think you are going to be able to do that with AppleScript… What you could do though is perhaps compile a list of allowed fonts. Keep this list on a fileserver somewhere and build a applescript that periodically checks the list (this allows you some central management) and compares the fonts on the system/in suitcase against the allowed list and then notifies whomever if there is a problem.

Aside from that I don’t think you can really real-time monitor Suitcase and respond to it.

Hope that helps

I appreciate the response James.

Unfortunately the option you proposed wouldn’t help this exact issue I am having but it may be useful for future reference. During my searches I’ve came up with people referring to a suit case apple script dictionary. For the life of me I can’t seem to get a hold of this dictionary!

Any ideas where I would be able to find it? I’ve checked apple’s website along with extenisis’ website and no dice!

Thanks again