Extra Suites error message for ES type key command

I’m trying to use the following command in Applescript using Extra Suites (the idea is to tell a firefox page to scroll down to the bottom):
tell application “Extra Suites”
ES type key “down arrow” with command
end tell
I get the error message-
“Extra Suites got an error: “down arrow” doesn’t understand the ES type key message”

Using the “key down” command, I’ve confirmed that “down arrow” is the correct name of the key.
Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Hello

You didn’t mention which version of Mac Os X you use.
If you are using Snow Leopard then you are out of luck since extra suites isn’t compatible.

Best Regards

McUsr

I’m using 10.5.8 (script editor version 2.2.1)- “ES move mouse” and “ES click mouse” seem to work fine. Also, if I substitute “t” or “w” of the “down arrow”, firefox creates a new tab or closes the window - it’s something about this particular key command, I think.
Alternately, is there any other way to automate jumping down to the bottom of the page?
Thanks,
Andy

tell application "Firefox" to activate

tell application "System Events"
	delay 0.2
	tell process "Firefox" -- process name used may be "firefox-bin"
		keystroke (ASCII character 31) using command down
	end tell
end tell

Peter B.

Thanks. That works perfectly, but now the rest of my script isn’t functioning properly. It’s really not so much the script, so much as my methodology.
What I’m trying to do, is automatically page back in time on Facebook. The script was supposed to jump down to the bottom of the page and then click on the “older posts” button - pause 5 seconds to let that complete, and then repeat (10 times).
I was doing it by having the mouse click at particular coordinates (with the green button clicked on the Firefox page), but this morning, I find I’m off my about a half an inch. I’m not sure why the position would have moved, but is there a more efficient way to accomplish what I’m trying to do?
Thanks again,
Andy

You could get the HTML with cURL, then retrieve the link you want to click on and open the location with FireFox. But then we’ll have to know the site.

I’m not familiar with cUrl… is that an Applescrpt extra? The link would always be that same button on the bottom of the page that shows “older posts,” and I’d want it to execute a predefined number of times.
Can anyone tell me how specifically to do this?

Alternately, I can reset the click location whenever it changes. How would I get this script to repeat exactly 10 times, waiting 7 seconds between each repeat?

tell application “Firefox” to activate

tell application “System Events”
delay 0.2
tell process “Firefox” – process name used may be “firefox-bin”
keystroke (ASCII character 31) using command down
end tell
end tell
delay 2
tell application “Extra Suites”

ES move mouse {756, 1045}
ES click mouse

end tell

It’s a button? Then you probably can click it with some JavaScript. Do you mind giving us the URL?

cURL is a command line utility which much capabilities. It for example can download the HTML code from a web page, but it can also upload files to a server.

e.g.:

do shell script "curl 'http://developerief2.site11.com'"

hope it helps,
ief2

I’ll try looking into it. Because it’s my personal facebook page, I can’t really give out that particular url - you couldn’t access it without my password.
If you’re on facebook, though, it’s the same on everyone’s page. At the bottom, there’s a link to “older posts”