Extract images in Acrobat 5

I want to extract images as tiff (File-> export-> extract images as…-> Tiff files)
from multiple pdf files automatically using applescript but there is nothing in the
dictionnary and on this forum about this. I’m using Acrobat 5.0.5, OS 9.2.2 and Applecript 1.8.3.
Can anyone help me on this one?

thanx in advance!

Is it possible to execute this function just by selecting it from the menu (with applescript) (File-> export-> extract images as…-> Tiff files).
i don’t know how to select something in the menu…

Ok, maybe there is a solution. i can create a batch sequence and via AppleScript use the function “perform” in Acrobat to run the batch sequence.
Someone knows the synthax of the “perform” function?

tell application “Acrobat 5.0”
perform …?
end tell

Perform action is one of the many -MANY- functions in Acrobat 5 that doesn’t work via applescript. I would say that about 50% of the commands are broken in Acrobat 5. If you want to do any serious scripting in Acrobat I would recommend an upgrade to version 6. I have found that everything I have tried in version 6 -so far- has worked.

-john

With Acrobat version 6, is there a way to extract pictures or run a batch sequence via applescript?

Thank you
Francois

I was able to execute the menu item “Export all Images” via the this script:

execute menu item "Export all Images" of menu "Advanced"

I don’t see anything specifically related to it in the dictionary though.

It also looks like you have to make sure the format is selected BEFORE you run the script.

HTH -john

Here is what I did:

I created a batch sequence that affect open documents.
In my script(AppleScript) I can send JavaScript lines to Acrobat so I wrote this:

do script "app.execMenuItem("AVSequenceMenuItemAtom-8");"

And the batch sequence begin.
The “8” at the end can be something else. it depends on how many sequence you have in your folder.
I could also write this:

do script "app.execMenuItem("ExtractImages:TIFF");" 

with the same result.

But there was a tiny problem: a display dialog open and ask for a name and location for images. I downloaded a little application “Okey Dokey”. This application select automatically after 1 second the display dialog’s default button .