FileMaker>Photoshop Title GIFs for Web?

I’m deploying a set of web templates, and want to provide adopters with an easy way to generate title GIFs online, without having to have a local copy of a particular font and all of the issues involved in setting the type.

The general outlines of the project would be to create a FileMaker database with a custom web interface, and when the user submits a form containing their request, have it run over to Photoshop and set type in a layer in a specific font/color/background, then export that to an FTP share, or better yet, email it back as an attachment.

I am confident that I can handle all of the FileMaker stuff, but the AppleScript/Photoshop stuff has me stumped.

Before I wade into this any further, I wanted to ask those in the know: has this been done already?

(BTW: what’s the deal with Adobe’s AS docs for Photoshop? I copy a script directly out of there, and all I end up with is a Script Editor error message. Every time.)

While this can be done in PS, you may want to check your license. If I recall correctly, Adobe does not allow their software to be used in this manner (it essentially makes their app work as a server for folks who won’t/can’t pony up the cash for their own license). There are plenty of scriptable graphics apps that could also handle this. GraphicConverter is great.

Jon

I’ll try GC. Thanks for the tip.