Finders Desktop window

Hello…

I can’t for the bare life of me, understand how I am to detect that the desktop window is visible, due to the fact that I have hit F11, or done a mouse gesture, so that expose moves all windows away, and reveals the desktop.

“F11” is the key I use in Expose, so you under stand what I am talking about. Or, moves a mouse over a corner, preset to activate that function.

You see, I have written a script, that select files, and if the Desktop is visible, I want to select the files from there.

Do any of you have any idea as to how to do it?

Thanks

McUsr :slight_smile:

Never Mind. :slight_smile:

[code]tell application “Finder”
set mf to insertion location
set mf to mf as alias as text
my logit("where: " & mf, “winprobe”)
end tell

to logit(log_string, log_file)
” Gil Dawson Gil@gildawson.com
do shell script ¬
“echo date '+%Y-%m-%d %T: '"” & log_string & ¬
“" >> $HOME/Library/Logs/” & log_file & “.log”
end logit[/code]
When I read the log file, it sure tells the difference about where the new folder can be inserted, it does reckognize the desktop!

This is starting to be funny…

It appeared, that it didn’t work after all, maybe the space I was in, didn’t contain other windows, maybe I did’nt notice that I shifted space earlier, I don’t really know, but now I know, that in order for my script to reckognize that the desktop is selected, I have to click with the mouse on something, to set the insertion point there.

The other issue
The next issue is, that when I have selected something on the Desktop, then that selection is shown in a new regular Finder Window but that I can easily live with really, as it is much more practical, to have the side bare there, should I wish to clean up my mess.

But I’m starting to see a challenge here … just sayin.
:slight_smile: