FireFari: Open Firefox if it's already open; Safari if it isn't.

I do a lot of web development on my Mac. And when I’m doing it, I like to use Firefox - it’s got some great add-ons that just make it a lot easier. However, I use Safari for browsing. I’ve also got my mouse set up so that middle-click opens Safari, and if I’m already in Safari it opens a new tab. However, when I’m debugging with Firefox, I’m using Firefox; I’d rather have middle-click open Firefox. And so, this script was born.

-- check frontmost application; if it's Safari, we don't want to switch set f_most to path to frontmost application as text if f_most contains "Safari" then -- we want to open a new tab in safari tell application "System Events" tell application "Safari" to activate keystroke "t" using {command down} end tell else if f_most contains "Firefox" then -- Firefox is the frontmost application; open a new tab -- open a new tab in Firefox tell application "System Events" tell application "Firefox" to activate keystroke "t" using {command down} end tell else -- check if Firefox is open tell application "System Events" to set ffopen to exists process "firefox-bin" if ffopen then -- If Firefox is open(debugging something), switch to it activate application "Firefox" else -- Otherwise, just use Safari activate application "Safari" end if end if
To set it all up, I created a Quicksilver Trigger on ctrl+f(figured it wouldn’t be in use anywhere) being released(so it doesn’t screw up the keystrokes), and set up my mouse to send the keystroke ctrl+f when the wheel button is pressed.

I’m not sure if anyone else will need(or even use) this, but here it is if anyone wants to. Knock yourselves out.