Font Family error in InDesign CS2

Hi All…

I am converting a script that I have that puts a directory together from InDesign CS to InDesign CS2, and am getting a goofy error when I’m trying to make a paragraph style:

“Adobe InDesign CS2 got an error: The requested font style is not available.”

I am including my script…I only get the error when I try to make the SECOND paragraph style (TaglineQuote)

The font is active and turned on (this scripted worked perfectly in InDesign CS just yesterday!)

--chooses project's template file
set fileToOpen to (choose file with prompt "Please select file to open:")

display dialog "Give me the first page of locators:" default answer ""
set startPage to (text returned of result) as integer

if startPage mod 2 = 0 then
	set myPageSide to "Left"
	--set tagLinePage to startPage
else if startPage mod 2 = 1 then
	set myPageSide to "Right"
	--set tagLinePage to startPage - 1
end if

--this creates InDesign document
tell application "Adobe InDesign CS2"
	--makes new document, but does not show it, to keep speed up
	--if myPage = 1 then
	--sets margin preferences
	set myMarginPrefs to margin preferences
	tell myMarginPrefs
		set bottom to 0
		set top to 0
		set left to 0
		set right to 0
	end tell

set myDocument to open fileToOpen --without showing window
	--set myDocument to make document --without showing window
	tell my myDocument
		(*
		--sets page preferences
		set myDocPrefs to document preferences
		tell myDocPrefs
			set pages per document to 3
			set facing pages to true
			set page height to "8.25 in"
			set page width to "6.5 in"
			set page orientation to portrait
		end tell
		*)
		set myMaster to object reference of master spread "A-Master"

set myViewPrefs to view preferences
		tell myViewPrefs
			set ruler origin to page origin
		end tell

set mySpread to spread 2 of myDocument
		tell mySpread
			set keep together to true
		end tell

--this deletes page 1 of InDesign document (right facing/odd page) if the first page of locators begins on a left facing/even page
		if myPageSide = "Left" then
			delete page 1 of myDocument
		end if

--makes new colorr swatches for the document
		if exists color "PANTONE 532 U" then
			set myBonusGrey to color "PANTONE 532 U"
		else
			set myBonusGrey to make color with properties {model:process, space:CMYK, color value:{100, 80, 70, 25}, name:"Bonus_Grey"}
		end if
		set myBonusBlue to make color with properties {model:process, space:CMYK, color value:{100, 57, 0, 0}, name:"Bonus_Blue"}
		set myBonusWhite to make color with properties {model:process, space:CMYK, color value:{0, 0, 0, 0}, name:"White"}

--makes paragraph styles
		set pageNumberPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Page Number", applied font:"Trebuchet MS", font style:"Regular", point size:14, justification:center align, fill color:myBonusWhite, baseline shift:-2}

set taglineQuote to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Tagline_Quote", applied font:"CustomerTypeRegular", font style:"Bold", point size:14, tracking:20, justification:left align, fill color:myBonusWhite}

set taglineBonus to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Tagline_Bonus", applied font:"Customer Type", font style:"Regular", point size:14.5, justification:right align, fill color:myBonusWhite}

set headerStateName to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Header_StateName", applied font:"CustomerTypeRegular", font style:"Bold", point size:15, justification:left align, fill color:myBonusWhite}

set headerStateNameCont to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Header_StateName (cont)", based on:headerStateName, point size:12}

set headerStateFact to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Header_StateFacts", applied font:"Customer Type", font style:"Regular", point size:9, justification:left align}

set dealerCityPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer City", applied font:"CustomerTypeRegular", font style:"Bold", point size:12, justification:center align, fill color:myBonusBlue, fill tint:55}

set dealerInfoPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer Information", applied font:"Customer Type", font style:"Regular", point size:9.5, justification:left align, left indent:0.125, first line indent:-0.125}

set dealerPhoneOtherPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer PhoneOther", based on:dealerInfoPara, left indent:0, first line indent:0}

tell dealerPhoneOtherPara
			set myTabDealerInfo to make tab stop
			tell myTabDealerInfo
				set position to 1.625
				set alignment to right align
				set leader to ""
			end tell
		end tell

set dealerPhonePrimPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer PhonePrimary", applied font:"CustomerTypeRegular", font style:"Bold", point size:12, justification:right align, fill color:myBonusBlue, fill tint:55}

set dealerWebPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer Web", based on:dealerInfoPara, applied font:"Customer Type Condensed", font style:"Regular"}

set dealerNamePara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"Dealer Name", applied font:"Customer Type", font style:"Regular", point size:12, justification:left align, rule below:true, rule below line weight:1, rule below offset:0.05, rule below color:myBonusBlue, rule below tint:55, rule below width:column width} --rule below type:solid, 

--added to incorporate GPS coordinates
		set gpsLatLongPara to make paragraph style with properties ¬
			{name:"LatLong Type", applied font:"CustomerTypeCondensedRegular", font style:"Bold", point size:9.5, justification:left align, fill color:myBonusBlue}

tell gpsLatLongPara
			set myTabLatLong to make tab stop
			tell myTabLatLong
				set position to 1.5
				set alignment to right align
				set leader to ""
			end tell
		end tell
		--end added GPS info

--makes new layers, with names and colors.  new layers go on top, so list from bottom up
		set imageLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Images", layer color:cyan}
		set bleedLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Bleed Bars", layer color:yellow}
		set trapLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Trap", layer color:white}
		set trapBkOtLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Trap B/O", layer color:white}
		set headerLayer to make layer with properties {name:"State Headers", layer color:magenta}
		set pageText to make layer with properties {name:"Page Text", layer color:brick red}
		set locatorLayer to make layer with properties {name:"Locators", layer color:orange}
		set dealerText to make layer with properties {name:"Dealer Text", layer color:light blue}

move layer "tire fade new" to after layer "Page Text"
		--deletes default layer
		if exists layer "Layer 1" then
			delete layer "Layer 1"
		end if
	end tell
end tell

help!!!

thanks
xcheckr

xcheckr,

What is the name and style of the font exactly as they appears in the character palette ?

mm

mm…

it’s a customer font, so i’m using “Customer” in the names below to substitute their specific name…

font family is Customer Type and styles are Regular and Light
other family is CustomerTypeRegular and the style in that is Bold

I did get it to work by using:

set taglineQuote to make paragraph style with properties ¬
           {name:"Tagline_Quote", applied font:"CustomerTypeRegular     Bold", point size:14, tracking:20, justification:left align, fill color:myBonusWhite}

with a tab between the font family name (“CustomerTypeRegular”) and style (“Bold”). Not sure if that’s the right way to do it, but it seems to be working.

xcheckr