Forum Organization

I’ve been reluctant to change how the forum is organized as the change to Discourse has been unsettling enough. That said, I’m happy to discuss this with the community. If we can settle on an organization that helps people better understand what is legacy content (Classic MacOS, AppleScript Studio, etc.) and what is current, that would be an improvement. This said, MacScripter is a storehouse of historical information about AppleScript that we need to retain for those that need it.

I’m going to split this into its own topic and hopefully others will chime in with their ideas.

1 Like

Rather than clean out categories, maybe freeze the old and deprecated categories/threads/topics?

We’d still be able to search and find results but the thread would be locked to new posts. (We’d still be able to start a new topic, of course)

1 Like

I totally agree with the intention to keep the historical information.

How about an Archive or Legacy category (with sub-categories if possible) for the outdated stuff?

1 Like

Will MacScripter be strictly limited to AppleScript or would JXA topics (or other scripting languages like Python or even Swift scripting) be welcome, too?