Getting idle and stepper autorepeat to work...

I have written an Applescript Studio app which has an idle handler that runs every second to update some time displays, plus several steppers to allow the values in associated text fields to be incremented or decremented.

In normal mode, the idle routine is never entered and the time displays do not update, but the steppers work fine, including the autorepeat function correctly repeating to provide a continuous increase or decrease in value.

However, in debug mode, the idle handler is entered correctly every second and the time displays are updated correctly, BUT the steppers no longer autorepeat. Each click produces a change in value of just one increment.

I have set up the “autorepeats” option in the “Window/Attributes” info page for the steppers and the “idle” option in “File’s Owner/AppleScript/Application” info page for the application.

Any thoughts on what is going on here?

Ralph

Model: iBook g$
Browser: Safari 312
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Well, the silence was deafening…

After some trial and error I discovered that when I removed a “choose file with prompt” command from an “awake from nib” handler and put it into a “choose menu item” handler the idle routine was entered reliably in all modes. Go figure!

RalphC