Getting modem connection speed and other data?

Hi everyone!!

Could somebody give me a hint on how to ask “Internet Connect” for the current speed, seconds connected, bytes received/send (all in app dictionary but I can’t seem to get it).
Sorry, but I just don’t seem to fully understand it :frowning: I would kill for some examples in dictionaries, but that’s an old subject… ain’t it? Haha :smiley:

Thanks a lot, see you!

I can’t launch such app and test it (I use a dsl router), but according to the dictionary, doesn’t this work?

tell application "Internet Connect"
	bytes received of status of current configuration
end tell

It works ok, with one (and probably the most important for what I’m trying) exception: speed !!

tell application "Internet Connect"
          set the_current_speed to speed of status of current configuration
end tell
 --> 115200

And this is most certainly not true (wish it would though). Besides, the internet connect window is showing a diferent one (right now 46667, mostly 48000 baud), it just won’t in AS. My guess is it’s showing the current configuration of how fast it could go (I now I saw this somewhere, can’t find it now of course…). Anyway, thanks anyway jj for the help, it helped a lot since it’s now a little easier to calculate the “time connected”, instead of loging time when connecting and again when disconnecting and then doing all the math and a lot more you don’t want to now!!! Or do you? I’d be pleased to share! I would apreciate some help, it really would make my valuable seconds while connected more valuable, since (unlike the US where local phonecalls are “free”) here in Argentina they are not !!! It’s a much lower rate if you use an internet number, but far from free. So this would help a lot in controling navigation (and drifting, hehe). Thanks a lot to anyone that wants to help! (and even more if he/she does :wink: )