Getting TextCommands to work?

I’m using a G5 with OS 10.3.9. I’ve just installed the current version of TextCommands and, from within Script Debugger 4, am trying to run the sample (tell application “TextCommands” | uppercase “Hello, World” | end tell) script. I just get a spinning beachball. I’ve tried after rebooting, and after downloading the latest version of MacPython, both with no joy. I’ve tried with the TextCommands app in my Applications folder, and in my Library/Application Support/ScriptingAdditions folder. No joy! Any suggestions?

Hmmm. No immediate ideas what the trouble is. Tested and working here on a G4 with clean 10.3.9 install using Script Editor 2.0 and Smile 3.0.6, and can’t recall any previous reports of the same problem.

Installing another Python framework will make no difference as TC already has its own embedded copy. Location shouldn’t matter either.

Have you tried running the same script in SE? Have you tried launching TC in advance by double-clicking it?

Pre-launching TC seems to have done the trick!

I’d guess that LaunchServices hasn’t quite gotten around to registering the newly installed application yet. Once the LS database is updated AS shouldn’t have any trouble finding it by name.