Has anyone played with AppleScripting Toast 10?

Hello,

I have Toast Titanium 10 with the added Blu-Ray features.

I have figured out how to create a DVD disc automatically, but I can’t find a way to chose the Blu-Ray disc (and I don’t see anything in the dictionary).

set themovie to (choose file)

tell application "Toast Titanium"
	activate
	make new Video disc
	set disc format of disc 1 to DVD
	add to items themovie
	write disc without asking

end tell

This barebones script works to open up the program and go to the video DVD creation tab (and create a project). But no joy to get Blu-Ray. It also imports a video into the program.

Second question: I wondering about burning the disc. I thought the write disc without asking would prevent the burn dialog from coming up. But it does not…

Cheers,

Anton

To write without asking, you have to use this:

write toast_project with asynchronous completion without asking
	delay 3--or whatever
	tell application "System Events"
		keystroke return

Thank you.

Let me tell you it has been nothing but frustrating dealing with Roxio support on this. “We don’t support AppleScript,” they say over and over.

“But you put it into your product,” I counter. “There must be some engineer that knows something about how AppleScript would work with Toast.”

A little maddening.

I’ve managed to setup a DVD burning project by saving my basic setup as just that . . . a project.

I was having terrible problems trying to figure out how to get all my settings saved in the basic Toast application on launch.
So now I have a “template” (for want of a better word - just a basic saved project file) saved with all settings, sitting on the desktop, and my Applescript simply calls this up each time, and adds my movie files to this.

I don’t have the Blu-Ray plugin, but I’d be surprised if this approach won’t also work for you!
Would be good to know though!

This is how it looks:

set thefile to alias ":Users:steveg:Desktop:evnz.disc"

tell application "Toast 10 Titanium"
	open thefile

Hope this is of some help.
I’m just a newbie to all this, but the members of this Forum have been great helping me . . . . thought I’d just try to chip in with a reply, just in case it works for you!