Having trouble with "path to me"

Hi, my application doesn’t seem to like these two lines of code.

log (POSIX path of (path to me))
            display dialog (POSIX path of (path to me)) buttons {"OK"}

It can’t log or display a dialog showing the POSIX path to my application.

The error I get is

:frowning:

Any help as to why I get this error and how to fix it? :frowning:

Model: MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz
AppleScript: 2.1.2
Browser: Firefox 4.0b6
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Hi,

it looks like you’re using this lines within an application (or whatever) tell block, which causes some terminology clash.
As you’re dealing with AppleScriptObjC anyway I’d prefer

current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()

Thanks, on it’s own it works, I’ve been testing various things just by logging them, when I try this:

log (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()) & "/Contents/Info.Plist"

I get an error:

Can't make «class ocid» id «data kptr00000000C00E010002000000» into type list, record or text. Error number -1700.

try this

log (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()) as text & "/Contents/Info.Plist"

or

current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()'s stringByAppendingPathComponent_("Contents/Info.plist")

:slight_smile: Thanks, I’m trying to read my application’s Info.plist but I’m failing a bit here… code:

set infoPlist to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()'s stringByAppendingPathComponent_("Contents/Info.plist"))
            display dialog (do shell script "defaults read " & infoPlist & " script1")

The error I get is:

/usr/bin/defaults expects the path without the path extension

This should work without the shell

set infoPlistScript1 to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()'s objectForInfoDictionaryKey_("script1")) as string
display dialog infoPlistScript1

Unfortunately, this gives me an error:

and

sorry, omit bundlePath()'s

set infoPlistScript1 to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s objectForInfoDictionaryKey_("script1")) as string

Now it displays a dialog saying “missing value” when actually it’s set to “/Applications” (just to test)

the standard info.plist file doesn’t contain a key “/Applications”,
most of the standard keys begin with CFBundle. Try for example “CFBundleVersion”

I’ve added a new key in, it’ll have a path in it. Just while I’m getting the code to work and testing, I’ve set the path to /Applications

the method “get value of key of infoDictionary of main bundle” is the normal Cocoa way to read info.plist.
Does this work

set infoPlist to (current application's NSBundle's mainBundle()'s bundlePath()'s stringByAppendingPathComponent_("Contents/Info")) as string
display dialog (do shell script "defaults read " & infoPlist & " script1")

I had this code in like you said, I was pretty sure it didn’t work. Just tried it and it does, really sorry about that! :S Thanks for all the help!