HELP! connections broken in interface builder!

I was just trying to add a panel to an otherwise fully working studio appication, when all of a sudden all my connections seem to have broke.

Any interface object I click on now other than tabs (which weren’t connected before) I get :

NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 (1)

All the check boxes for the script are checked for each object. I don’t know how to fix this.

The only thing I did was open up the “Display Panel” example project while my project was also open in both XCode and IB, which I think had something to do with it.

Is this a known bug? and more importantly, How do I fix this ?

I don’t want to make this worse here-- I am shooting in the dark and am getting problems all over the place:

A.
repeatable Xcode crash:

1. select: targets → app name → copy bundle resources – mainmenu.nib
  2. get info
  3. change location to “relative to project”
  4. xcode crashes

B.
let os x tiger open xcode with default settings, bunch of dialogs that say (null).

anyway… for now, need to fix this situation, please help. thanks.

Model: G5 2 gig ram
Browser: Safari 412
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

EDIT:

restoring the main.nib file from the last beta build of the application I put on a .dmg seems to have worked–though I lost a bit of work on the interface.

I’d still like to know how to avoid this sort of problem in the future, or what I might have done to cause it.

Thanks.

EDIT 2:

Geez. After restoring the mainmenu.nib and everything else working, I repeated more or less what I did before, and then built it to test, and got the same problem: I broke everything on the interface.

All I did was the following:
– add a panel, with a table and a couple of buttons on it.
– add a button on one of the main window tabs to display the panel
–connected the objects to the script
– added display panel and close panel lines in the on clicked handler

what gives? i noticed that in the display panel example there were separate scripts and separate nib files for the main window and the panel. is that necessary or something?