Help!Suspect Script!

My computer started acting very weird yesturday. If I clicked on a file in the finder the name would go blank and begin to type in blank spaces until my computer started to beep at me. Dragging and dropping folders onto one folder would open another. Double clicking no longer opened my Apps or Files.
How Do I Fix This!
I have never used applescript before, but I have used Macs for a while and these symptoms seemed like a nasty little applescript. I turned of f applescript library and the problem went away with my folders and finder. But now Illustrator is quitting on me unexpectedly when it never has before. (Not to mention Quark won’t work without it)
Is this an applescript virus?
If someone could help me or point me in the right direction. I was thinking that maybe I could somehow do a search and destroy on all applesripts and start afreash, is this possible?
What should I do? I would hate to have to do a clean system reinstall because of some jerk.
Thanx in advance

" My computer started acting very weird yesturday…"
This does not sound like an Applescript problem.
“How Do I Fix This! "
Try MacFixIt.
" (Not to mention Quark won’t work without it) "
Quark won’t work without the Applescript you think is causing these problems. Name of this script? source?
" Is this an applescript virus? "
Highly unlikely, especially if Quark won’t work without it.
" I was thinking that maybe I could somehow do a search and destroy on all applesripts”
Use Sherlock (or the Find command) in the Finder to search by types. Drag ‘n’ drop the applet on the file type & creator fields to make sure you get the right types. Drag unwanted files from the Sherlock results window to the trash
macguy

Some of the symptoms seemed like the actions of an errant applescript, or kind of like that old Autostart virus worm.(That went around about a year back). I just thought that it was interesting that the problem seemed to stop when I turned off the appscriplib.
I don’t know if it’s applescript or not, but I stopped having the Finder problem with the endlessly typing file names and the folders randomly popping open during drag and drop when I turned off the applescript library.

NO, it’s not the offending script/virus, Quark won’t work without the applescript library active.
Hey thanks for the reply. If it’s not apple script, seems like I may have a virus. Tried Norton already but nothing comes up. Will try your search by content with sherlock and see what happens. If not I’ll be picking up a new virus utility.