Help w/ Click At Script

hi, i’m not much of an applescripter, but i wanted a way to assign a hot key to open the photoshop color picker. adobe sadly keeps leaving this option out of their built in keyboard shortcut editor because it can’t be reached by a menu item, just by clicking. anyway, i installed a program called spark that links shortcuts to scripts and used…

tell application "Adobe Photoshop CS2" to activate
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Adobe Photoshop CS2"
		click at {24, 370}
	end tell
end tell
end

24, 370 is the location of the color picker in photoshop and if i go to photoshop and click there it opens, but the script/shortcut just activates photoshop and nothing else.

also, is this the best way to do this or could i make a script that tells photoshop to open the color picker itself rather than clicking on a coordinate?

the need for this is because i’m a digital painter/illustrator and i think it’ll speed up my workflow.

thanks! :slight_smile:

Clicking on a location in application windows is notoriously unreliable, and in vanilla AppleScript, “click at {x, y}” is not a valid instruction.

Having said that, the XTool.osax enables moving the cursor and clicking (sorry I don’t have a link). You might try that.