I’m looking for a way to create an auto-answering bot for iChat via Applescript.
What it should do : depending on messages sent to a specific iChat account that account would answer back to the originating sender.
There’s a plugin for iChat that can run Applescripts : ICAR (see http://pygmysoftware.com/software/icar/)
- a message that triggers another script that does a find in a specific Filemaker database and returns the results in a message,
- a message that invites the sender for a iChat video or audio chat,
- a message that shows the content, sender or subject of emails in your inbox,
- a message that reboots the computer,
- a message that makes a screenshot of the computer and sends it back via iChat file transfer,
as you can see … the possibilities are unlimited .
Anyone has an idea how to start ?
As an alternative Skype could also be used…