Help with script to create a list of aliases and keep them updated

Hi -

I’m pretty new to apple scripting so I need some help. Here’s my setup and what I’m trying to do:
I have a computer acting as a media server and a MBP that I connect to my TV to watch the movies stored on the media server using Front Row. It is my understanding that Front Row only checks for movies in the Movies folder on the computer it’s running on, so I created aliases to the movies on the media server and placed them in the Movies folder on my MBP. So what I would like to create is a script that would run every time I connect to the Media server that would sync the list of movies on the server with the list of aliases in the Movies folder, deleting aliases for movies that have been deleted off the server and creating aliases for any new movies I added on the server.
I do have a script that automatically connects me to the server drives when I launch it, so it would be pretty easy to add a line in there to launch the ‘syncing’ script. But I have no idea on how to accomplish the syncing.

Thank you.

Model: MBP 2.16GHz 2GB
Browser: Firefox 3.0.10
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)