How do I get the current cursor co-ordinates using applescript?

Hi there,

I play on-line flash based games. Some tasks are very repetitive. Select soldier, give food, give water, make him rest etc.

I am trying to automate this using Applescript. The challenge is that the windows/menus are all custom generated under flash. So there is no DOM to manipulate/reference etc. The only way to do this is through programming the mouse to move and click.

I found a little application called extra suites that Applescript can call to get the co ordinates. This has worked great until, I upgraded to Snow Leopard and now I need Rosetta, which I dont want to load. Looking through these forums I found loads of discussions, but most were over 5 years old, so I’m guessing there is a easier way to do this in 2009 :slight_smile:

Here is my trust code from years gone past :slight_smile:

set army_length to 5
set army_width to 5

set army_length to army_length - 1
set yarmy_width to army_width - 1
set myLoc to my getMouseLocation()
set start_x to item 1 of myLoc
set start_y to item 2 of myLoc

tell application "Extra Suites"
	repeat with j from 0 to army_width

repeat with i from 0 to army_length

if (i > 0 or j > 0) then
				set x to start_x + (25 * i) - (25 * j)
				set y to start_y - (12 * i) - (12 * j)
				ES move mouse {x, y}
				delay 0.05
				ES click mouse
				delay 0.05
			end if

end repeat

end repeat
	ES move mouse {start_x, start_y}

end tell

on getMouseLocation()
	tell application "Extra Suites"
		set mouseLoc to (ES mouse location)
	end tell
	return mouseLoc
end getMouseLocation

return 0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Alan.

Model: MacBookPro 7"
AppleScript: 2.1.1
Browser: Firefox 3.5.5
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

You can’t do it with AppleScript but I have a post here you can look at that may help.

Thanks for the link Craig, will go through your little Video and see what I can pull together. Sounds like I’m not the only one missing ‘Extra Suites’ :slight_smile: Perhaps its time for someone to write a replacement! Any volunteers :confused: