how to move an image view inside of a scroll view?

I have an image view inside of a scroll view. I want to be able to move the image around inside of the scroll view. What happens normally is the starting point of the image view is set to the starting point of the scroll view. The starting point {i.e. {0,0} point for its coordinate system) of the scroll view is its lower left corner… and I can’t move the image view away from this point. I want to be able to tell the scroll view to place the image view at a point other than the {0,0} point.

Can this be done?

I tried to do this by setting the bounds of the image view. For example, if I have a 300x200 image view, I tried setting the bounds to {50,50,350,250} thinking it would be moved to the starting point {50,50}… but it wasn’t. The bounds were reset to {0,0,300,200}.

I have been able to move the image around inside of the scroll view by making the size of the image view larger than the image, setting the image view to center the image, and changing the size of my image. But this causes a bunch of problems for me so I would rather not do it this way. If I could just move the image view inside of the scroll view a lot of the complexities of my application would vanish.

Does anyone know how to do this?

A second way to do this would be to move the coordinate system of the scroll view, but I can’t do that either!

Well not to answer my own question, but I think I have a solution. I can’t move the image view inside of the scroll view, but I can move the image view inside of a box. So I can put the image view in the box in the scroll view. Or I guess I can use a custom view instead of a box, but a solution seems to be to make the image view a sub view of something and make that a sub view of the scroll view.

Of course I’m still hoping there’s a direct way, so if you have an easier solution let me know.