How to open an .app inside the resources of an .app?

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong in setting up the pathname in Applescript to run an app - - - - the trick here is that I’m trying to get Applescript to run an app called “PPPSetup.app”, which is actually inside the .app folder of another app, called “PPPoE_Connector.app”. (I guess you could call it the “resource-fork” path of an OS X app?)

tell application "Finder"
	open "/Users/administrator/Desktop/PPPoE_Connector.app/Contents/Resources/PPPSetup.app"
end tell

Unfortunately, I keep getting “execution errors” when I run this - - - I believe because it can’t find the PPPSetup.app file. I’ve tried all kinds of variations (leaving the .app extensions off, putting “Volumes/” in front - - - nothing I’ve tried seems to work). The files are definetely in the above location.

You are telling Finder to open a string. Maybe this will work.

open file "/Users/administrator/Desktop/PPPoE_Connector.app/Contents/Resources/PPPSetup.app" 
 end tell

I think Finder understands only this type of path. At least that’s what my brief testing indicates.

open file "Users:administrator:Desktop:PPPoE_Connector.app:Contents:Resources:PPPSetup.app"
 end tell

Except that will only work if your disk is called “Users” and you have a ‘administrator’ folder on the top level of it - colon-delimited pathnames start from your system root so you need to include the disk name.

If PPPoE_Connector.app is your AppleScript application you can use ‘path to me’ to get the path to your own app, to which you can append the “:Contents:Resources:PPPSetup.app”.