? how to _ put extra names in multiple folders ?

I have loads of CDs, so of course, I impot them all, but I would like to change something in the names of the imported tracks

look, right now it’s about:
~/my big fat folder/music/[“letter”]/[“artist”]/[“album”]/[“song”]

and I would like to change this in
~/my big fat folder/music/[“letter”]/[“artist”]/[“album”]/[“atrist” - “song”]

EXAMPLE: Coldplay - Clocks
~/my big fat folder/music/C/Coldplay/A Rush Of Blood To The Head/Coldplay - Clocks

and until now I had to paste “Coldplay -” in front of all the songs of that album.

how can I do that easier? I have loads of CDs meaning I have loads of songs to rename, meaning I would be sooooo glad if you could help me.

seba.

maybe this helps.

property source_folder : “ten:Users:rzlinder:Desktop:my big fat folder:music:”
tell application “Finder” to set letter_folders to every folder of folder source_folder
repeat with one_letter in letter_folders
tell application “Finder” to set one_letter_folder to name of (contents of one_letter)
tell application “Finder” to set band_folders to every folder of folder one_letter_folder of folder source_folder
repeat with one_band in band_folders
tell application “Finder” to set one_band_folder to name of (contents of one_band)
tell application “Finder” to set album_folders to every folder of folder one_band_folder of folder one_letter_folder of folder source_folder
repeat with one_album in album_folders
tell application “Finder” to set one_album_folder to name of (contents of one_album)
tell application “Finder” to set album_songs to every file of folder one_album_folder of folder one_band_folder ¬
of folder one_letter_folder of folder source_folder
repeat with one_song in album_songs
tell application “Finder” to set one_song_file to name of (contents of one_song)
set new_song_file to one_band_folder & " - " & one_song_file
tell application “Finder” to set name of file one_song_file of folder one_album_folder of folder one_band_folder ¬
of folder one_letter_folder of folder source_folder to new_song_file
end repeat
end repeat
end repeat
end repeat

Cheers
Roland

If you don’t mind using iTunes I would highly reccomend using my Rename Files script.