Illustrator click menu

I can seem to click the menu item even though it exists I get a NSReceiverEvaluationScriptError: 4 error

any thoughts ?

tell application "Adobe Illustrator" to activate
tell application "System Events"
	get application processes

tell application process "Adobe Illustrator"
		if exists menu -1 of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1 then
			click menu item -1 of menu item "Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1

end if
	end tell
end tell

oops this doesn’t work either though

get application processes

if exists menu -1 of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1 then
			click menu item -1 of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1

end if
	end tell
end tell

I think, there is a missing “menu 1”

-- get application processes

if exists menu -1 of menu 1 of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1 then
           click menu item -1 of menu 1 of menu item "Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1

end if
   end tell
end tell

Hi Mcgrailm

Does this work:

tell process "Adobe Illustrator"
		set frontmost to true
		click menu item "Style Libraries" of menu of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell

I don’t have a “Style Libraries” but if i change this to any other of my Libraries it works fine…

Edit: My Apologises MCG this is not what your after i see…!
but please do explain abit more about what you want and i may be able to help if stefan hasn’t sorted it for you… sorry

I thought style libraries was a sub menu of graphic style libraries like default_CMYK is as in this:

tell process "Adobe Illustrator"
		set frontmost to true
		click menu item "Default_CMYK" of menu of menu item "Graphic Style Libraries" of menu "Window" of menu bar 1
	end tell
end tell

Pidge1,

Yes you are correct thank you.

MM