Illustrator Spot colour

Hi

Can anyone help?

I am trying create spot colours in Illustrator.

I can make a new swatch with ‘spot color info’ but the color i get in the swatches is not a spot colour. It is a global process colour.

How can I make a true spot color in the swatches.

Thanks

Tim

Try this…

set NewSpotColor to make color with properties {space:CMYK, color value:{56, 30, 30, 10}, name:"Spot color"}
			set properties of NewSpotColor to {model:spot}

Fishheadtw

No joy, I’m afraid.

Are you in CS, CS2 or CS3?

Comes up with an error ‘Illustrator CS got an error: Can’t make or move that element into that container.’

Any ideas

Tim

I think the error is coming from “make color with properties” - I get that error without the following line to set the model to spot. I get that error when trying to make color with properties {name:“Spot Color”} as well.

I checked the properties of a swatch in CS3 with this

tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
	tell document 1
		properties of spot "Test Spot Color"
	end tell
end tell

->result: {name:“Test Spot Color”,
color:{class:CMYK color info, cyan:80.0, magenta:20.0, yellow:60.0, black:0.0},
color type:spot color, container:document 1 of application “Adobe Illustrator”,
best type:reference, default type:reference,
class:spot,
index:1}

Maybe the line
set properties of NewSpotColor to {model:spot}

needs to be
set properties of NewSpotColor to {class:spot}

But I can’t figure out how to script the creation of a swatch in the first place. I’m new to AI scripting, so I haven’t sussed out how to do things with AI’s take on AppleScript yet.

Got it!

tell application "Adobe Illustrator"
	tell document 1

set NewSpotColor to make spot with properties {name:"Spot Color", color:{cyan:80, magenta:20, yellow:60, black:0}, color type:spot color}
		--{name:"Spot Color", color:{class:CMYK color info, cyan:80.000001192093, magenta:19.999998807907, yellow:60.000002384186, black:0.0}, color type:spot color, container:document 1 of application "Adobe Illustrator", best type:reference, default type:reference, class:spot, index:1}

end tell
end tell

Brilliant!

Thanks guys.

Tim