InDesign CS, my geometric bounds of my grahic line reverse themselves

When I create a graphic line, my XX &YY coordinates (items 1 & 3 or items 2 & 4) reverse if the former item is bigger than the latter. If I get the geometric bounds of the line created below, which I’ve just created, they come out like this: {18.0, 0.0, 32.0, 27.9}, If I set the bounds to {32.0, 27.9, 18, 0}, they come out {18.0, 0.0, 32.0, 27.9}. In my actual script I’ve set my delimiters to “”, and I have my horizontal and vertical measurement units set to picas. I don’t know what else to check. What gives? What scripting voodoo have I incurred this time? I’m using a PowerPC G5 Imac with OSX10.4.9

tell application "InDesign CS" tell document 1 set red_slugline to make new graphic line with properties {geometric bounds:{32.0, 0, 18, 27.9}, stroke weight:1, right line end:triangle arrow head} get geometric bounds of red_slugline end tell end tell

I don’t know the cause of this problem, but I rewrote my script and simplified the steps leading up to the creation of the graphic line and the problem went away. It bothers me that I reduced my script down to a very isolated, simple version to test for the problem and it still existed, (which I posted here). That simpler version tells me that the script wasn’t affecting the graphic line’s creation unless it affected some setting in my preferences.
But it’s gone for now, and I’m moving forward again. Just one of those things that makes you go “hmmmmm!”

its strange I played around with it and if I gave it different values some times it worked and some times it didn’t . Additionally when I took the returned value and applied it to making a new line it created it in the same way even though the it was backwards … I don’t get it!!

Well, I don’t understand it either. I thought the problem went away but it still exists, much to my dismay.

I have two different text frames, each containing different text in different fill colors (one is a spot, the other text frame contains three process fill colors). The concept is to identify every fill color used in an InDesign document prior to sending the file to the printer. My script creates a new text frame slug outside the print area with a graphic line that uses the geometric bounds of each of the existing text frames in the document to draw a rule from the slug to the first character of the text frame with the coresponding fill color.

If I put one of the text frames with the spot fill color to the front, the rules are created and run from each slug to each frame.
However, if I put the text frame containing the three process fill colors to the front, the graphic line running from the slug to the second text frame (containing the spot fill color) exibits this problem of the reversed XX coordinates, because the first X coordinate is bigger than the second. However the problem does not occur with the first text frame, nor does it occur if the arrangement of the text frames.

So I broke the script down to the simple version I posted earlier to eliminate all possible contributory factors. I created a blank InDesign page and ran the code and the problem still occurred. I even used another G5 computer at a different location and duplicated the problem. This is insane!