InDesign CS3 - Unwanted Dialog Stops Script

Hello -

I’m trying to get a script to open, relink and print any number of InDesign CS3 documents unattended, but I keep getting a Missing Fonts dialog box popping up (I don’t care about the missing fonts) which stops the script. The message is “The document xxx.indd uses one or more fonts which are not currently available on your system. The text will use a substitute font until the original font becomes available.”

I have the

set user interaction level of script preferences to never interact

command in there but I’m still getting the message. I’ve tried using the GUI approach mentioned in a similar thread from 2 years ago:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS2"
           open theDocument
           tell application "System Events"
               repeat 2 times
                   keystroke return
               end repeat
           end tell
           delay 2
           close document 1 saving no
   end tell

but that’s just not working - a couple other dialogs pop up that apparently are eating up the return keystrokes and if I bump up the repeat count it doesn’t seem to help. This is to run on any number of Macs anyhow so if the timing works on one it may not work on another.

I’m not running any third party font handling software so this Missing Fonts dialog must be Adobe, but I don’t know why the “never interact” statement doesn’t take care of this.

I’ve placed this same question on the Adobe forum and got some responses but unfortunately nothing is working. Thanks very much for reading…

Where is the command for never interact? It should be at the start of the script as soon as you tell InDd, before it actually does anything. It should work, I use it all the time.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
		set user interaction level of script preferences to never interact
end tell

SuperMacGuy (fellow Countian!) -

Yeah, that’s where I have it - I’ve come across a couple posts on other forums where this problem was encountered and they too found that other dialogs were successfully ignored but this one in particular stuck around. I’ve used it in the past also with success so I’m not sure what’s up.

I’ve fiddled with the System Events keystroke and I think I’ve got it now where it should be pretty flexible to work on any number of stations - I think that’ll have to do.

Thanks for the response…

  • Dan