Indesign default character style

I’m having a problem with character styles in indesign

I have text files that I am placing into text boxes on an indesign document and if the document was saved with a character style selected it then wants to apply that character style to every text box that I import text to. and the only way I have found to fix this is to make sure the indesign document is saved with no character style selected however, I can’t expect every artist to remember to do this.

any help with solving the problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
mm

Hi mm

You could change this into some kind of droplet or a folder action to delete the character style.

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS2"
	tell document 1
		tell character style "Character Style 1" -->or the name of whatever the style is you don't want
			delete
		end tell
	end tell
end tell

but that character style is used in some box

Hi mm

I’ve not looked into this fully, but couldn’t you set something up then to
change(apply) the character style to “None” which is a default if deleteing is out of the question!

Pidge1,

I thought of that… the contents of the text can not be empty to apply a character style and you can’t have text in the frame when you place a file in it
so…if I put text in the box then apply the character style “[No character style]” then set the frame contents to “” then it goes back to the character style that was applied when the document was saved.

mm