Installing Scripting Additions

Okay I’ve searched everywhere for a good tutorial on how to install a scripting addition (extension .osax). All I’ve learned is to put it in the ScriptingAdditions folder in the Library folder of my hard disk. I’ve done this with xtools.osax and when i try to use one of the commands from it’s scripting dictionary it doesn’t work… There has to be more. Please help,

Brodeur235

At a guess, xtools.osax is PPC only and you’re on an i386 machine, in which case you need to run the target application in Rosetta and/or file a feature request on xtools.osax asking for universal binary support.

What is the target application when I’m just trying to get the coordinates of the mouse with the xtool addition command “mouse location”?

Brodeur235

Unless the osax command is inside a ‘tell application’ block, it’s whatever application is running the script.

I set my script editor to open using Rosetta and it works. Thank you so much. However, what are the disadvantages to using it with Rosetta. I should ask now to know beforehand what problems I may encounter that I’ve never seen before,

Brodeur235

Okay, please forget my last question I have a new one… This is ridiculous; I can’t get the TCP/IP scripting addition working. I put it in the ScriptingAdditions folder, and tried the commands “tcp wait for connect” and “tcp my address” with rosetta on and off. Script editor does not distinguish it as one of the scripting addition’s command’s… PLEASE help,

Brodeur235