Interface Builder/XCode 3 and Applescript

Is it still possible to connect a panel in Interface Builder to Applescript? I have been searching in vain for a way to make a simple panel that sends user input to a script. I’ve got the panel designed in Interface Builder, and it’s my understanding that selecting an item (a button, for example) will populate the “Event Handlers” field in the AppleScript Inspector panel with different selectable events. Selecting these checkboxes will generate the script, and you’re on your way.
Problem is, I can’t seem to make any headway in the Applescript Inspector panel- no event handlers appear, the index field remains at 1 regardless of which object I select, and I can’t seem to give anything a name. Is there a basic step I am overlooking, or do I need to learn Objective C?

Model: iMac
AppleScript: 2.1.2
Browser: Firefox 7.0.1
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.6)

Welcome to AppleScriptObjC. AppleScriptObjC is a framework that allows you to create application plugins written in AppleScript. This at this moment the replacement for AppleScript-Studio applications (you were looking for). I can tell you how you shoudl do it but Apple has described in a few steps how you should do it, a lot of info can be found here and shane has written a very good book about it where it describes step by step how to write a first class application.

p.s. how cocoa works is something else than AppleScriptObjC, that is just a bridge.