Is it possible to wrap an applescript in a package?

I wrote a script to update all of the office printers from Appletalk to IP Printing. I’d like to know if it’s possible to wrap it up in an installer package so I could send it to all of the machines via Apple Remote Desktop.

Here is the script in case any of you find this useful…

log (do shell script "date")

set lj2100 to "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/HP\\ LaserJet\\ 2100\\ Series.gz"
set lj2200 to "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/HP\\ LaserJet\\ 2200.gz"
set lj2300 to "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/hp\\ LaserJet\\ 2300.gz"
set lj4600 to "/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/hp\\ color\\ LaserJet\\ 4600.gz"

--update printers:
--[edit: snip!]
--[ex: ] updatePrinter("Karen's_Printer", "192.168.100.153", lj2300)

--notify user of changes:
display dialog "Printer settings have changed.  Please make sure your default printer is set correctly." buttons {"OK"} default button 1 with icon 2
tell application "Printer Setup Utility"
	activate
end tell

----SUBROUTINES:

--updatePrinter: updates a printer from appletalk to IP Printing given the name, IP and PPD path
on updatePrinter(pname, printerIP, PPD)
	set success to true
	try
		do shell script ("lpadmin -x " & doublequote(pname))
	on error err
		set success to false
		if err is "lpadmin: delete-printer failed: client-error-not-found" then
			log ("   not present: " & pname)
		else
			log (" * on remove " & pname & ": " & err)
		end if
	end try
	if success then
		log ("   removing appletalk printer " & pname)
		log ("      adding as IP printer on " & printerIP)
		try
			do shell script ("lpadmin -p BINPS_on_" & printerIP & " -D " & doublequote(pname) & " -v lpd://" & printerIP & "/lpd/ -P " & PPD & " -E")
		on error err number num
			display dialog "Failed to add " & pname & ": " & err & {return} & "Error #" & num
		end try
	end if
end updatePrinter

on doublequote(str)
	return "\"" & str & "\""
end doublequote

on log (str)
	set logpath to "~/.printer_update.log"
	do shell script ("echo " & doublequote(str) & " >> " & logpath)
end log

AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Safari 312
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

In a word, yes. I’d encourage you to read the PackageMaker documentation, and then ask more specific questions as necessary,