Is there a way to make the Table View column resize to fit the content

I have a Table View (inside a Scroll View), and I need the Horizontal Scrollbars to appear on the Scroll View when the data in the table view’s rows is too long to fit on one screen (there is only one column in the table view).

The Scroll View automatically displays the vertical scroll bar when needed (too many rows), but it doesn’t display the horizontal as the table view column doesn’t change in size. There is the option of “Auto Resizes All Columns To Fit” for a Table View, but it looks like this resizes all columns to fit inside the view (or somesuch), it doesn’t resize to fit the content.

I can’t find anything about width for Data Cell, or Data Column… Is there any way to make the Table View column resize to fit the content?

Regards,
Grant Cox

In future I will post here before doing anything else… This has been a niggling problem for a few days now, and within 5 minutes of posting here I find that the Table Column of a Table View does have a Width property.

Still, if anyone knows how to auto-size this (or find the width of some text) I would be interested.

Regards,
Grant Cox