Is there a way to see a list of generated events?

I am working on a small project to do some complex calculations. The interface contains three text fields and a pop-up button that the user inputs the information used in the calcs. When I tab from field to field, everything works smoothly (i.e., a table updates accordingly and the pop-up changes as well). However, when I click (or double-click) in a text field to change a value, nothing is updated until I click somewhere else in the project window.

I am currently trapping the “action” event because I was hopping that would work better than the “end editing” event. I get the same results however.

If I could see what events are being generated, that may help me figure out a better course of action.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated,
Brad Bumgarner, CTA

A small project in what? A web browser, FileMaker Pro database, Excel, AppleScript Studio? Where are the fields you are tabbing through? It makes a difference. If you are in FileMaker Pro, you cannot capture the events. You could in a web browser (if you can write the code for the page, you could add onFocus() functions, etc). I’m not sure about AppleScritp Studio.

Considering this question was posted in the AppleScript Studio forum, I’d say it’s a safe bet that he means AppleScript Studio.

Brad, try the on changed handler.
Although I’ve never used it myself, that seems most appropriate for doing what you want.

Ooops! My bad - I followed a link from the macscripter.net front page, which doesn’t tell you which forum it was. I assumed I had followed from OS X, which is normally the only one I view.

Sorry!

I’ve done the same thing myself! :rolleyes:

I have decided that the best course of action is to completely rewrite the control loop. Krioni, T.J., Thanks for the input.

Brad Bumgarner, CTA