JavaScript Automation: Bug in script or in Outlook?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask JavaScript for Automation questions so let me know if I need to redirect. I am trying to simply create and send an email using Outlook 2016 for Mac. I was able to execute the example found at http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?pid=142759#p142759, but am getting a “Error -1700: Can’t convert types.” when porting to JavaScript. While I am okay with using regular Applescript syntax, I am more comfortable using the newer JavaScript for Automation option since I do a fair amount of web development. Thanks.

Applescript:

--This applescript will create an email in outlook 2011 that will send an email to certain recipiants and generate the email body text. It is an html email.
--This is used as a simple form that our dispatchers fill out in order to file complaints.
--Instructions.
--Change the names of ccName to what you want the email display name to be and change ccAddress to the email address you want this sent to
--Put this in your outlook scripts menu and run it from the script menu once inside outlook

-- Below is the config:
set {ccName01, ccAddress01} to {"LocalDispatch", "change-Alias@change-email.com"} -- 'Cc:' recipient.
set {ccName02, ccAddress02} to {"ChangeName", "change-Alias@change-email.com"} -- 'Cc:' recipient.
set {ccName03, ccAddress03} to {"ChangeName", "change-Alias@change-email.com"} -- 'Cc:' recipient.
set the_Subject to "Dispatch Complaint Email"
set the_Content to ("<b>" & "Date:" & "</b>" & (do shell script "date") & "<br><br>" & "<b>" & "Complaint Department:" & "</b>" & "<br><br><br>" & "<b>" & "Call received on 311 or 911:" & "</b>" & "<br><br><br>" & "<b>" & "Person Identifying Complaint:" & "</b>" & "<br><br><br>" & "<b>" & "Complaint:" & "</b>")

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"

set ComplaintMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:the_Subject, content:the_Content}

make new cc recipient at ComplaintMessage with properties {email address:{name:ccName01, address:ccAddress01}}
	make new cc recipient at ComplaintMessage with properties {email address:{name:ccName02, address:ccAddress02}}
	make new cc recipient at ComplaintMessage with properties {email address:{name:ccName03, address:ccAddress03}}
	open ComplaintMessage

end tell

JavaScript:

/*
This applescript will create an email in outlook 2011 that will send an email to certain recipiants and generate the email body text. It is an html email.
This is used as a simple form that our dispatchers fill out in order to file complaints.
Instructions.
Change the names of ccName to what you want the email display name to be and change ccAddress to the email address you want this sent to
Put this in your outlook scripts menu and run it from the script menu once inside outlook
*/

var outlook = Application("Microsoft Outlook");
var date = new Date();

var theSubject = "Dispatch Complaint Email";
var theContent = "<b>" + "Date:" + "</b>" + date.toLocaleDateString(); + "<br><br>" + "<b>" + "Complaint Department:" + "</b>" + "<br><br><br>" + "<b>" + "Call received on 311 or 911:" + "</b>" + "<br><br><br>" + "<b>" + "Person Identifying Complaint:" + "</b>" + "<br><br><br>" + "<b>" + "Complaint:" + "</b>";

var ccName01 = "LocalDispatch";
var ccName02 = "ChangeName";
var ccName03 = "ChangeName";

var ccAddress01 = "change-Alias@change-email.com";
var ccAddress02 = "change-Alias@change-email.com";
var ccAddress03 = "change-Alias@change-email.com";

var complaintMessage = outlook.OutgoingMessage({subject:theSubject, content:theContent}).make();

complaintMessage.ccRecipients.push(outlook.CcRecipient({emailAddress:{name:ccName01, address:ccAddress01}}));
complaintMessage.ccRecipients.push(outlook.CcRecipient({emailAddress:{name:ccName02, address:ccAddress02}}));
complaintMessage.ccRecipients.push(outlook.CcRecipient({emailAddress:{name:ccName03, address:ccAddress03}}));

outlook.open(ComplaintMessage);