Kill ADOBE...

I recently uninstalled all programs from Adobe. I’m just tired of the brazen consumption of resources and the braking of my computer by their Creative Cloud service. I uninstalled them using their uninstallers, then applied CleanMyMac X for better cleaning.

But what is it? I found leftovers over and over, all over the computer. Here I will show how I got rid of about 23,000 items of file system more !!! remaining after standard cleanup.

So:

1. Click menu item Find of menu File of Finder.app.
  2. Type for search the text “adobe”
  3. For criteria search put “kind is application”, select all apps and send to trash.
  4. Now, for criteria search put “kind is executable”, select all executables and send to trash.
  5. Now, for criteria search put “kind is folders”, select all folders and send to trash. Here, be carefull - maybe, some user created folder contains “adobe” in the name. So, don’t delete it.
  6. Empty the trash.

NOTE: to delete some of the listed above, you should quit its “bad” processes from Activity Monitor. I did not begin to touch thousands of images (mainly Tiff), since they take up little space, do not self-activate and can be useful for other purposes.

I dont know. Perhaps there is a better way to get rid of such garbage. If someone knows, then let him share his experience.

I’m not surprised.
The developers building the uninstallers aren’t aware of what is installed by the real package but don’t worry,
(1) it’s not specific to Adobe
(2) I guess that you don’t complain about the fact that, if I remember well, they don’t remove their own large set of fonts.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 26 avril 2020 16:05:25

Yes, when it comes to the healthy state of my computer, I do not want to have anything to do with an obsessive product. Unfortunately, many users do not understand this. Otherwise, a software developer would be more polite with him.

For example, I welcomed the separation of iTunes into 3 applications. Of course, multifunctionality is good to some extent. Adobe products just got clumsy. And their Creative Cloud planted a bunch of users on greedy greedy on 1 server (or several). The result is disgusting to work …

On the other hand, it’s sad that iWork applications and iBook are not allowed to share a single set of resources which are exactly the same for these four applications.
When it was distributed as a single pack, iWork was working with a single folder of resources so it was eating less space on the disks.

Alas, Apple decided that now applications must be self-contained.

Yvan KOENIG running High Sierra 10.13.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 26 avril 2020 18:49:27