larger text box for display dialog? and list question

I have to write up shift reports and I hate having to format everything… ergo Applescript!
The issue that arises, I want to have a larger textarea when I display dialog so I have a decent area to write out instead of only 1 line.
Also, since this is a telecommute job I need to put in the right time for the timezone but I always forget.
What I have now is 2 lists

set theTimesPST to {"11:30AM - 1:00PM", "2:30PM - 4:00PM", "4:00PM - 5:30PM", "7:00PM - 8:30PM", "8:30PM - 9:30PM", "Other"}
set TheTimesEST to {"2:30PM - 4:00PM", "5:30PM - 7:00PM", "7:00PM - 8:30PM", "10:00PM - 11:30PM", "11:30PM - 12:30AM", "Other"}

I want to choose from list using the EST but when I enter it in my report have it enter the corresponding PST value
And one last thing, is there a way to have a drop down menu?

edit
I figured out the list issue

set TheTime to (choose from list TheTimesEST with prompt "Please select time:") as string

set n to 0
repeat with i from 1 to number of items in TheTimesEST
	set x to item i of TheTimesEST
	set n to n + 1
	if x is TheTime then
		set TheTime to item i of theTimesPST
	end if
end repeat

if TheTime is "Other" then
	display dialog "Please enter time PST:" default answer ""
	set TheTime to result
end if

is it possible to have a larger text area than the one provided with

display dialog "blah" default answer""

?

display dialog "blah" default answer return & return & return & return

I see Stefan answered this while I was getting breakfast. :slight_smile:

Just to note that in Snow Leopard (and possibly earlier):

1. This changes the behaviour of the Return keystroke, which adds returns to the text instead of activating the “OK” (or other default) button.

2. The returns could appear in the output if the user does something to lose the selection before typing. This is easily scriptroundable.

Thanks guys!