Leopard broke my script! Can't check against "any" item in list.

This is a piece of a script that has worked fine in Tiger, but in Leopard, it doesn’t:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
	tell document 1
		tell story 1

set h4StyleSheets to {"Headline 2", "Subhead", "Deck", "Kicker"}

set theList to (object reference of paragraphs where name of applied paragraph style is in h4StyleSheets)
			--return theList

end tell
	end tell
end tell

this line does work:

set theList to (object reference of paragraphs where name of applied paragraph style is "Headline 2")

So if all else fails, I can go through a repeat loop testing for each item in the h4StyleSheets list, but the actual script has dozens of style sheet names, and that would run very slowly. I’m hoping for something more elegant.

This also works:

set theList to (object reference of paragraphs where name of applied paragraph style is some item of h4StyleSheets)

But of course, this only tests against one randomly chosen item from the list, not against all of them. Is there some new syntax I need to basically check against “any” item from a list?

What has changed? Is it something in Leopard’s version of AppleScript? Does it have anything to do with Unicode, where the app and the system are seeing these strings differently, and thus they don’t match?

Any clues would be appreciated.

Model: G5 PowerMac tower
AppleScript: 1.10.7
Browser: Safari 525.13
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.5)