Loop with array?

After too many hours on figuring out a way to download backups from my sites. I have a page on my site that detects my ip and spits everything in the database but only when I surf there. As it is now I have to set the folder and site every time I run the script, it would be nice if it remembers it…

What I´d like now is adding so that it downloads from different sites. In asp I would save the urls and folders in a array (or database, but I´d rather not) and then loop trough that array downloading and saving in different folders. Maby I need to write to a textfile?

Anyone?

global pParentFolder, full_url

on idle theObject
	doBackup()
	-- return 24 * hours
	return 10 -- run every 10 seconds just for now
end idle

on run
	set pParentFolder to choose folder with prompt "Choose a folder where to save the backup files"
	set full_url to text returned of (display dialog "URL: " default answer "http://www.5clubs.com/backup/")
	doBackup()
end run

to doBackup()
	set dateTime to do shell script "date +%Y%m%d%-%H%M%S"
	set new_file to dateTime & ".sql"

tell application "Finder" to make new file at pParentFolder with properties {name:dateTime & ".sql"}

set sHtml to do shell script "curl " & (quoted form of full_url)

set this_file to pParentFolder & new_file

my write_to_file(sHtml, this_file, false)
end doBackup

on write_to_file(this_data, target_file, append_data)
	try
		set the target_file to the target_file as text
		set the open_target_file to ¬
			open for access file target_file with write permission
		if append_data is false then ¬
			set eof of the open_target_file to 0
		write this_data to the open_target_file starting at eof
		close access the open_target_file
		return true
	on error
		try
			close access file target_file
		end try
		return false
	end try
end write_to_file

Another cool thing would be to have another page /backup/tables from where the script gets a list of all the tables in the database from where I can choose what tables the script is supposed to get.

The interface doesn´t have to be nice at all, but say that the script asks if I whant it to run or update the settings (showing what is set). If I choose gat tables, it gets all the tables in the database and puts it in a textfile and I can manually delete the once I don´t need in the textfile if building an interface is difficult.

So something like this:

1. What would you like to do? update, (run program)

2. (on udate) Set url: http://

3. Set folder: desktop/backup

4. Would you like to get all the tables from database to textfile ‘desktop/backup/tables.txt’? no, (yes)

5. Back to 1

After som more thinking I think it´s easier that I set what tables to export on the site, that I surf to /tables.asp and set it there. The bad thing about this is that I can´t download a subdomains tables to one file and the rest to another, setting them as two different sites, but I can live with that.

I see now that I wrote in the wrong forum, good reason for not finding my last post and for not getting any answers.

I will copy it all there.

(sorry)