Mac OS X Powerpoint vs. Microsoft XP Powerpoint

Hello,
I am quite new to all of this, but I am looking to find a way to alleviate a major problem I am having with reagrds to one very specific difference between MAC Powerpoint and XP powerpoint… I work with Art History Professioanls and they are inquiring about a subtle difference between the two and I was hoping to get some help to fix their problem.

The basic difference is that on the MAC Powerpoint version in the left-hand slide viewing area they CANNOT see any images of what they are working on (ie. a small thumbnsil of the image/images they are working with). In the Microsoft version there is small tab that allows you to switch to this mode of viewing, but it is nowhere to be found on the Mac version.

My colleagues and I often work between the two platforms when devising presentation, and the ability to see our images (even in the thumbnail form) is extremely helpful. Most of the professors use Mac at home but must use a PC at work and there frustration grows daily with that specific problem.

So, I guess i am trying to see if there is a way to get small thumbnails of images in each slide to appear in the lefthand column to use as reference while thye work on bigger slides on the right.

Is there an easy solution to this? Or even a more difficult one?

I bow to the braintrust of all of you here, and I can assure you that your script etc. will not go unheralded as a great help for my Art History brethren locally and nationally.

please email me if you can help me in any way either individually or through reference. I will be checking this post as well, but i check my email more regularly.

Aaron Steele

aksteele@indiana.edu