Mail.app and attachments problem

I have been trying to set up a script that I can send multiple file attachments via email but each attachment is on a single email as I do not have access to FTP on the destination.

I have tried a number of times to attach a document and image to the outgoing mail with no success.

I am using:
Mail.app Version 2.1 (752/752.2)
Applescript 1.10.7

The code used is taken from other solutions that are supposed to work, and each of the following fail to attach to mail.app:

make new mail attachment with properties {name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph make new mail attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph make new attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph make new attachment with properties {name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
Can anyone say why or give me a solution to the issue?

The following is the complete code being used:

[code]property type_list : {“TIFF”, “JPEG”, “PNGf”, “PICT”}
property extension_list : {“tif”, “tiff”, “jpg”, “jpeg”, “png”, “pict”, “pct”}

set theName to “some person”
set theAddress to “destination@somedomain.com
set sender to “someone@somedomain.com

– Prompt for message subject
set theResult to display dialog “What would you like the subject of the message to be?” default answer "Photos: "
set theSubject to text returned of theResult

tell application “Finder”
try
set the source_folder to choose folder with prompt “Pick a folder containing the images to process:”
set these_files to every file of the source_folder whose file type is in the type_list or name extension is in the extension_list
set file_count to count of these_files

repeat with i from 1 to the file_count
		set theAttachment to (item i of these_files) as string

set theBody to "Photo " & i & " of " & file_count & " attached." & return & "[" & displayed name of item i of these_files & "]"

tell application "Mail"
			set everySignature to (name of every signature whose name contains "ODP")
			set theSignature to ""
			if (count of everySignature) is greater than 0 then
				set theSignature to some item of everySignature
			end if

set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:theSubject, content:return & return & theBody & return & return}

tell newMessage
				-- Default is false. Determines whether the compose window will
				-- show on the screen or whether it will happen in the background.
				set visible to true
				make new to recipient at end of to recipients with properties {name:theName, address:theAddress}

tell content
					make new mail attachment with properties {name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
					-- make new mail attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
					-- make new attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
					-- make new attachment with properties {name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
				end tell
			end tell
			set message signature of newMessage to signature (theSignature)

activate

end tell

end repeat
on error error_message
	display dialog error_message buttons {"OK"} default button 1
end try

end tell[/code]

Model: Powerbook G4
AppleScript: 1.10.7
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.7
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

Hi,

I normally use this syntax:

tell content
	make new attachment with properties {file name:theAttachment} at after the last paragraph
end tell

But the main problem is, theAttachment must be an alias, not a string path. So try

set theAttachment to (item i of these_files) as alias